Monday 12 August 2013

Pounds or Practically Pennies: Flowers In My Hair

Whether they're called flower crowns, headbands, headpieces or garlands; we are absolutely no stranger to them. Equally loved and loathed among bloggers and fashionistas, flower accessories have evolved from festival must-haves to bridal accessories in an instant. 

Worn by Alexa Chung, Anne Hathaway, Keira Knightly, Katy Perry and Pixie Lott (who also has her own range over at Rock N Rose) the flower based accessories are becoming quite the sensation.  The above Dolce and Gabbana band is very cute, I love the blue accents, but is it £730 worth of cute? I'm not so sure...

Below I've popped together a few of my favourite flower crowns/garlands/headbands/headpieces for £15 and under. I've tried to keep a balance between high street retailers and independent stores to give you a rounded idea of what's available.
High street flower headbands and flower crowns


(Prices and stock are subject to change from the creation of this image!)

I don't think you can go wrong with the £3.50 Peacocks band or the £3.90 Forever 21 band especially if you're off to a festival and don't want to spend too much incase it gets ruined, or have a habit of misplacing things. The Forever 21 band would also look gorgeous with a wedding dress *drifts off to my Pinterest wedding board* and the Tesco one would look adorable on a little flower girl; they don't break your wedding fund either! My absolute favourites though are the Rosey Posey Creations Cream and Pink Dream Headband with its beautiful colour palette, the Crown and Glory Not a Lotta Rosie headband with its mini wine coloured flowers, and the Lolly Dolly Lavender Coral Crush Crown in all its big and bright glory.

They aren't just a spring fling either, get yourself in on a burgundy, wine or dusk orange and you're set for when the transition to Autumn begins. Of course, if you still don't want to fork out for a flower crown or want to make your own unique crown, Google has an abundance of D.I.Y's to hand and there's a ton of bloggers out there providing their own unique tutorials. 

Are you a fan of this seasonal headwear? Or is it a trend you are avidly skipping? I don't think anything will beat making daisy chains as a kid though. 

14 comments:

  1. The Rosey Posey id my fave, but I don't think I'd wear it personally. Just think they'd look absurd on me haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dot, good to talk to you last night on Twitter, it was a great #fbloggers chat! I love this post... Can't believe there are flower crowns that cost several hundred quid... who in their right mind would buy one of those when you can get gorgeous ones from Accessorize or F21?!!! Well done for picking pretty ones that don't cost the earth :))

    So glad you're on Google+, following you there and FB, IG etc. Always love to find someone new on IG. Come say hello if you get a chance sometime!

    Catherine x
    NotDressedAsLamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good post! I do love a good old flower headband and the selection you have chosen are all lovely. But I agree, nothing is as good as making a daisy chain as a child xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the cheaper ones are nicer than the expensive ones! I particularly like the Claire's one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do find them so pretty, I prefer the smaller flowers than the larger ones! It's great that you can buy them for so cheap considering how much you could spend on one!!

    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think these flower crowns are so pretty, i juts don't think i could wear one though. i'd think everyone would be staring at me lol
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Dolce & Gabanna and the Punky Allsorts ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tagged you in "My First Time Tag"
    http://laurannedotcom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/my-first-time-tag.html
    Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this post :)

    Now following on BL can't wait to read more!

    Stonesgotstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this post :)

    Now following on BL can't wait to read more!

    Stonesgotstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen so many people wearing these and I love them, but I know that i'd look like a complete idiot if I tried to pull that look off :( just followed you, your header OMG!!! adorable. x

    Lilie
    mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm I really have to get one of those!
    there sooo cute!!
    Love your blog btw :)

    X Lonneke
    lonnekeeez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! Have been checking these out but wasn't exactly sure where to start searching. My favorites are the ones from Lolly Dolly as well as Forever 21 :)

    Your blog is adorable by the way, now following :D

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I love the one from Lolly Dolly Lavender! I don't really understand why people hate on them so much? I know they don't suit me but think it can work really well for some styles/outfits!
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a lovely little comment to brighten my day!
No annoying word verification here.