Monday 31 December 2012

New Years Eve Nostalgia.


It feels so good to have a charger for my MacBook that I don't have to hold above my head for it to make a connection, and it's even better that I didn't have to fork out £60 for it at an expensive time of the year. Thanks Apple!

Anyway, the purpose of this post is that it's new years eve (incase you didn't know) and I'm sitting here reflecting on my first year in blogging. I started posting in January this year after graduating university in October of 2011, struggling to find a job and having some serious self esteem issues - a post that I'm sure will surface in 2013 when I feel ready. If I remember rightly it was a new years resolution last year to set up this blog and quite possibly the only new years resolution I've actually followed through with. It has been a fantastic outlet for me and has once again reaffirmed two interests of mine that have never left me since I was a small child - fashion and writing. 2012 has been a nowhere/ now where? year for me and I sincerely hope that in 2013 I can progress properly in both blogging and my personal life. 

I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had with fashion and accessories companies and PR companies. Seeing emails in my blog inbox complimenting my posts and asking me to collaborate is definitely one of my favourite things of 2012. 
I also want to thank all my fantastic followers who have shown genuine interest in my wittering-ons and those of you that have just happened to pass by once or twice. You've all given me a great boost of confidence.

New Years blog Resolutions (that I intend to keep): 
  • Use fewer exclamation marks!
  • Blog more. People have a genuine interest in my blog so it's time to up my game and post more regularly.
  • Introduce blog features. I've had a great response and a lot of interest in my 'Cat v Mouse' post suggesting high street designer dupes, so consider a permanent feature.
  • Publish some more personal/lifestyle posts e.g: Depression, self esteem, my face without makeup.
  • Organise my posts - fill a notebook with ideas, don't let a large amount of unfinished posts get left behind in drafts, learn to set posts to publish on certain days in advance.
Now I'm off to paint my nails, cook tea and frock up to welcome in the new year at home with my family, cocktails aplenty and board games. 


See you in 2013! x

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I am so naughty with exclamation marks - I use them constantly. Whoops!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! (oops). I must be exclaiming in my thoughts all the time. xx

      Delete
  2. I seem to have started using exclamation marks all the time too! (see!) I just can't help it sometimes. It just makes your sentences pop a little more. But I think more than one at the end is a bit excessive, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree, more than one is definitely excessive. I just can't help but use them, I think it must be because they make my sentences pop more like you said, otherwise I just sound boring! xx

      Delete
    2. Haha, yep! And yep, I did go to Disneyland Paris. We got a slightly cheaper deal as it was 10% off because of the 20th anniversary, but it was still pricey! Worth the money I would say, especially if you can stay for the late opening times. x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a lovely little comment to brighten my day!
No annoying word verification here.